Travis is the Co-Founder and Owner of the Vancouver Circus School– the largest circus school in Western Canada. He also is the Owner and Director of Operations for their sister company, VCS Events, a leading Vancouver circus entertainment company for many prestige international brands.
Travis grew up in a world of circus and trampoline, never having known a life without either. His parents ran recreational and competitive trampoline programming at a national and provincial level for over five decades. Travis began competing in trampoline at the age of 6, having won several Western Canadian championships. Thereafter, Travis retired from the sport to engage in business development. In 2012, Travis became a co-founding member of ASCA (Asia- Pacific Social Circus Association), in coordination with the Cirque du Soleil, and over 100 social circus organizations from all over the world. ASCA and it’s board members launched Social Circus Day, an international day of celebration to bring joy and hope to children all over the world. In 2019 Travis along with fellow board members Alex Boldizar and Adam King founded the Social Circus Foundation.
2004 – present Vancouver Circus School
The Vancouver Circus School is a family owned and operated educational establishment. Our mission is to provide education and performance opportunities in circus arts for children, teens, adults, and seniors, regardless of race, gender, socioeconomics, or ability. Our programs are specifically designed to promote long-term development, physical literacy, and healthy practices for our students and staff in anticipation of achieving their dreams.
- Co-Owner / Executive Director
- Responsible for strategic planning and leadership of operations
- Responsible for planning, budgeting and monitoring of financial positions
- Responsible for curriculum development, training and supervision
- Responsible for managing and leading the administrative and educational team of 40+ employees
- Developed Rainbow Learning System – a progressive recreational circus programs for over 1,400 children and adults weekly
- Developed the annual Ring Masters Program – professional circus development program
- Co-developed risk management plans for aerial rigging and business operations
2007 – present VCS Events, formerly Inner Ring Circus
VCS Events is a professional full-service entertainment company that specializes in building unique performances for audiences of all types. VCS Events facilitates all logistics of creation, implementation, execution and completion.
- Event Producer
- Produced over 600 corporate and festival circus events
- Managed local, national and international events
- Notable events have included: 2010 Winter Olympics, McDonalds, BC Place, India Premier League, David Beckham, etc.
- Responsible for managing logistics, risk management, sales and promotion
- Responsible for managing all creative and production elements
2018 – present Social Circus Foundation Charity l # 72854 6318 BC0001
The mission of the Social Circus Foundation is to provide a safe, supportive environment that fosters personal and social development by utilizing circus as a catalyst to create positive social change in at-risk and marginalized areas in our community and around the world. The Social Circus Foundation aims to empower participants by promoting trust and collaboration amongst peers, increasing self-esteem and resiliency, and encouragement in the development of physical literacy.
- Co-Founder / President
- Responsible for the implementation of charitable status
- Responsible for financial planning and supervision of charitable governance
- Prepares reports and financial acumen
- Responsible for managing international and local initiatives
- Leads volunteer board of directors
2013 – 2019 Asia Social Circus Association
Founded with support from Cirque du Soleil in 2013, the Asian Social Circus Association connects and empowers youth art-based organizations (social, community and for profit) in Asia. It has members spanning from Kabul to Canberra. The association strives to introduce social circus as an empowerment medium, especially in child rights and child protection advocacy and for underprivileged communities throughout Asia.
- Co-Founder /Board Member/ Secretary
- Participated in overall planning and development of international awareness campaign
- Social Circus Day connects over 72 countries in a single day of social circus celebration
- Responsible for managing multinational board meetings
- Facilitates sponsorship and funding from partners
2014 – 2018 New Westminster Business Improvement Association
Originally formed in 1989, the Downtown New West BIA provides many benefits for its members, enabling more than 650 property owners and businesses to work together on an ongoing basis to assist in the revitalization and promotion of Downtown New West.
- Board member
- Participated in the planning and execution of numerous public festivals, including building new campaigns for our members
|National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)||Level 3||Gymnastics Canada|
|Coach Developer||Level 2||Gymnastics Canada|
|Air Space||Level 2||Freestyle Ski Canada|
|Principles of early childhood development||BCRPA|
|Introduction to physical literacy||BCRPA|
|Rope Access||Level 1||Irata / Sprat|
|Advanced Open Water||Padi|
Honors and Awards
|Team Canada Trampoline Coach – World Age Groups||Baku, Azerbaijan||2021|
|Entrepreneur under 40 award||New West Chambers of Commerce||2017|
|NEXT UP New West||Tourism New West||2012|
|Small Business of the Year||New West Chambers of Commerce||2011|
|Builders Choice Award||2010|
|Western Canadian Trampoline Champion||1988 – 1993|
|Dragons Den||Season 9||2014|
|Rick Mercer Report||CBC||2011|
|Rich Bride Poor Bride||Slice||2010|
|Produced Gymnastics BC 50th Anniversary Event||Gymnastics BC||2019|
|Founded Social Circus Foundation||Social Circus Foundation||2019|
|Co-founded Social Circus Day||Asian Social Circus Association||2016|
|Produced 15 events for the Vancouver Olympics||Sochi House||2010|
|Produced last minute international trampoline event||Chennia India||2011|
|Produced BC Place 25th Anniversary Event||BC Place||2011|
|Produced Recreational Gymnastics Program||Vietnam||2013|
|Taught in over 10 Countries|